Today I updated all of my blog pages with the correct materials on the right pages…then I went to lynda.com and worked on chapter 4 of the EPUB fun. corse.
For this lesson I learned of the CSS panel in the EPUB options panel that is pulled up when yo export to EPUB…
The InDesign file that was used for this lesson:
Then I pressed “command + E” which is the shortcut to export to an EPUB file.
The EPUB(Reflowable) panel.
Unchecked the “Preserve Local Overrides” box.
Then I unchecked the “Split Document” box, and changed the content order from “same as Articles Panel”…
to “Based on Page Layout”…
Then I exported the File and it automatically opened in Ibooks, which is the preloaded EPUB reader for Mac.
With all overrides turned off the Header reverted back to a bright green, the font changed from size was changed to 10 points, wail the page letting was changed to 15, and the font was changed from “Arial Bold” to Minion Pro with a color of black.
Here I redefine the para graph style form the paragraph styles pop-up menu.
By doing this I made it so the body text has no more local overrides when saved and exported as an EPUB File.
Then I went to the “Scrips” Panel, clicked some where in the text (it doesn’t matter where) and then I activated the “StyLighter.jsx”script, which then highlighted all of the overrides in the paper.
PAGE 1 OF 3:
PAGE 2 OF 3:
PAGE 3 OF 3:
The highlighter colors were chosen at random due to the way the script was set up when I first installed it, to know that all the colors head I had to reopen scrips…
Go to the User file, and Double-Click on “StyLighter.jsx” to open it…
and from there I can tell tell you that:
Light Blue=Chapter Number
Bright Orange=[Basic Paragraph]
SO from there I can see that the first pages text has a problem…Some of the text has the Chapter Number Paragraph Styles added to it.
So I will have to fix that by highlighting the text…
Going to Paragraph Styles…
click [Basic Text] and…
It didn’t work, no mater how many time I tried, It did not work…
So I left it to do its own thing and made sure the rest of the text was fine with out two many mistakes.
So for this lesson (Lesson’s 4 & 5) I completed the document for this stage of the chapter and am ready to move on to the next phase of the document…formatting tables.
What I plan to do on Project day:
For Project|Day tomorrow I plan to create a character illustration for either Cap. Rune Caster (Which will take a considerable amount of detailing) or do a character illustration for the “Main Antagonist” of the first volume named “The Ark_Shot” who is in reality, “Vallen Genesis,” The Hero of Old or The Fallen Hero (as he is some times referred to be the Vampiric king Missy Davis/Mavray Grim.)
The Dasign for The Ark_Shot will be based off of a slimmed, and less demonie version of the Dahaka from “Prince of Persia:Warrior Within.” Which is the protecter of the timeline, who hunts down the Prince in order to kill him and there for fix the time line, because the price was supposed to die anyway during “The Sands of Time” which was the first “PofP” game for the PlayStation 2.
The Dahaka From the Game(Via in-game Screen Shot):
Most of the encounters with the terrifying beast, involve fast paced par core scenes…that if you mess up then you die and have to restart from the beginning of the scene…which was something that happens to me a lot. I hate that darn thing so much…
I could try to make a real channel mascot for my YT channel…The character Ide like to base the design off of id Fuuka from the Amine adaption of the Fuuka manga…